One of the many products in the Expedition Apparel store is the Air Strip Lite Long-Sleeve Shirt. ExOfficio was founded in 1987 to develop technical fly-fishing apparel. Over the years they have developed a number of products that are a great fit for the overland traveller.
The Airstrip Lite is one of these products (and one of ExOfficio’s flagship pieces). It’s a very versatile piece which is at home in just about any climate or setting. It offers a good weight, comfortable feel and large, easily accessible pockets. It’s made from synthetic fabrics (nylon and polyester) which means it keeps you cool in the heat, continues to insulate when wet , and dries quickly.
The Air Strip Lite is also offered in a plaid pattern, which is perfect when one needs to head from the trail to the airport.
The ExpeditionApparel staff has extensive experience with this shirt and it lives up to the hype. Check out the specs on this garment:
A classic ExOfficio shirt, the Air Strip is the ultimate in technical apparel. Ask anybody that owns one – thanks to all the functional details and performance fabric this specialized shirt will quickly become the only one you reach for, whether at home or on the go.
- UPF Sun Guard 30+
- 3-position button-down sun collar
- 3-position Airomesh Plus™ back cape ventilation
- Upper back mesh lining Air Strip Ventilation
- System side vents for increased air flow
- Critical seams moved off the shoulder to prevent rubbing
- Roll-up sleeve tabs
- Utility loop above left front pocket
- Pleated bellows front pockets
- Hidden security zipper in right pocket
- Moisture wicking
- Quick drying
- Soft peach finish
- Wrinkle resistant
- Dryflylite Micro Plaid — 56% Nylon / 44% Polyester